General Safety Procedures
- Those using computers will not be required to wear gloves, though we do ask that computer users use an alcohol wipe on their station at both the beginning and end of their session.
- Patrons must properly wear a mask. If you do not have a mask, Lilly will supply one.
Lilly’s Safety Measures
- The library has installed iWave air purifiers in our heating venting and circulation system. This has been shown to reduce virus load in the air and on surfaces
- We have increased the amount of fresh outside air brought into the library.
- We have installed Plexiglas sneeze guards at all points of service.
- Staff & patrons are required to stay home of they have any symptoms of COVID-19.
How to Use In-Library Holds Pickup and/Or Curbside Service
Lilly Library will continue offering patrons the options of coming to the library to pick up their holds, or requesting curbside pickup of their holds.
How to Place a Hold
- Patrons are able to place holds via their CW MARS accounts through the CW MARS catalog or patrons may request books via Lilly’s Google Form, available here. You can also give us a call.
- CW MARS sends automatic emails when holds are available. If you have received these in the past, you will receive them again once your holds have reached Lilly and are ready for you.
- If you are typically notified by a Lilly staff member via a phone call that your holds are available, you will again receive a phone call from a staff member at Lilly when your holds are available.
When Your Materials Are Ready
Once you have been notified, either via email or phone, that your holds are available, you can either:
Come to the library to pick up your holds any time when the library is open.
You can set up an appointment to pick up your holds via contactless curbside pickup. If you receive an automatic email from CW MARS, just give the library a call (at 413-587-1500 ext. 2) or an email (at LillyLibrary@cwmars.org) to schedule your curbside pickup. Staff members will put your holds in a paper bag, label it with your last name, and place it on a table outside the library. Books are placed outside once an hour, and when you contact the library, you will be asked when you would like to pick up your materials, i.e. from 3pm – 4pm.
In-library holds pickups will continue at the circulation desk. Please note that browsing has resumed in the library and we ask that those who arrive at the library for holds pickup maintain their physical distance from other patrons and take cues from the circulation desk staff. Those who arrive to pick up holds are asked to properly wear a mask, sanitize their hands upon arrival, and exit via the service door (see signage in the library).
How to Request Print Services
We are pleased to offer printing services for curbside or in-library pickup. Upload your materials through this form, and we will get in touch with you.
New Materials at Lilly
The librarians at Lilly are continuously purchasing new materials for the collections. Head to this page to see what’s new at the library.
How to Engage with Lilly From Home
Check our calendar for the most up-to-date information on virtual programming!
Check out our YouTube Channel to learn more about our online resources!
Local and Statewide Updates
We are following guidelines recommended by the City of Northampton (https://northamptonma.gov/AlertCenter.aspx) and plans are rapidly evolving. Please consult this page for any other updates.
Confused about what’s going on with COVID-19 in general — or in Western Mass in particular? Forbes Library came up with a great resource list of valued sources. Thanks, Forbes! The Daily Hampshire Gazette is also a great source for local news and has dropped its paywall for all COVID-19-related stories.
Please stay safe, stay home (as much as possible!), and stay well.
Page updated 6/12/21